Thursday, August 15, 2013

DIY Ranka Lee Costume

hello~ I need some sugar and inspiration here...
~for I am about to start on a new cos-project!!!
yay! I am sooo slacking off
~so for the mean time...here's a review on my ranka lee sewing project:

after buying the needed fabrics...
I made the patterns-traced it on the fabric and cut it
(DICLAIMER; I don't have any formal education in sewing)
REFERENCE PHOTO: Ranka Lee

ribbons for the hand cuffs
 the base of the hand cuffs
 big bow for my hair
 here's the finished product!!!
use velcro/magic tape at the ends to secure each hand cuff
glue a hair clip at the back of the big bow so that it'll be easy to be place on to your wig

for the skirt...
get your emasurement and make a skirt pattern, trace it on to the fabric and then cut it
cut the needed fabrics for your other ribbpns and bows
ribbons and bows everywhere
it's actually really simple  so it's really easy to figure out

break time!!!
sharnel and her ice drop

 while sewing my ruffles... I haff to get my ice drop fix too XD
 here are your ruffles to be sewn at the end of the skirt to make it more fluffy and frilly
now, sew them altogether...
I used the cream fabric for the base skirt toppped with the orange one
then I added ruffles at the end of the skirt

for the top... I forgot to take some photos so yeah
you just have to figure it out yourself
Idk... I am really a noob when it comes to sewing...
I hope to take a crash course on sewing though~ XD
----------
tadd'a!!!



coser: nikki
character: ranka lee
series: macross frontier
costume sewn by ME :3 my page
boots made by iban
wig from Mylittleprinceshop clickme :3
(c) JENCO photography
(I also made a yellow uber fluffy petticoat to make the skirt fluffeeeh)

~and I will also feature my ranka lee cosplay shoot by jenco photography some other time) 

No comments:

Post a Comment